Light of Hope Counseling is dedicated to teaching interns who are working to become Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors in the state of Maryland.
Light of Hope Counseling offers interns the chance to:
- Accrue hours towards licensure
- Develop the clinical and entrepreneurial skills required for success in private practice
Benefits of an internship with Light of Hope Counseling include:
- Retention of your client caseload
- Assistance with business skills development
- Clinical enrichment and support
- An integrative and holistic philosophy
- Opportunities for professional development
- Coordination with other agencies
- The opportunity to continue at Light of Hope once you become licensed
Development is one of the main goals of Supervision. During supervision, we focus on developing your clinical techniques but more importantly we will work together to develop and discover your authentic self as a counselor.
Supervision is provided by Tina Baublitz, the Executive Director, who is approved by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists to provide supervision to applicants.
The work done together will be an exploration and development of your own individual therapeutic “style".
In Supervision We Look for Supervisees Who:
Have an ethical and moral foundation
Have a desire to grow
Are willing to commit to the process involved with Supervision
Do not want to just settle for an easy supervisor who just signs off on their hours, but are dedicated to being the best counselor they can be and are willing to be challenged in order to become the best
The Supervision Covers:
Individual, weekly supervision sessions
Group supervision, when feasible
Feedback and guidance on counseling techniques
Review of case notes and other documentation and/or recorded client sessions, as feasible and appropriate
Phone or email consultation for emergency or time sensitive situations or events
Mentoring for professional development
Looking for somewhere to grow personally and professionally?
Complete the form below and our team will get back with you.